When a combination reaction occurs between a metal and a nonmetal, as in Equation 3.6, the product is an ionic solid. Recall that the formula of an ionic compound can be determined from the charges of the ions involved. (Section 2.7) When magnesium reacts with oxygen, for example, the magnesium loses electrons and forms the magnesium ion,
Combustion of oxygen-containing derivatives of hydrocarbons, such as also produce and The simple rule that hydrocarbons and related oxygen-containing derivatives of hydrocarbons form and when they burn in air summarizes the behavior of about 3 million compounds. Many substances that our bodies use as energy sources, such as the sugar glucose (), similarly react in our bodies with to form and In our bodies, however, the reactions take place in a series of steps that occur at body temperature. The reactions are then described as rather than combustion reactions.
Supplementing the diet with DMG together with B vitamin supplementation (folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12) yields many health benefits including cancer prevention, inhibition of cancer metastases, improved heart health, increased energy, improved oxygenation of the tissues, and improved mental functioning.
1. Shake and then measure 3 Tbsp (45 ml) of milk of magnesia (MoM); use the plastic measuring cup that comes with the MoM.
2. Without agitating it, open the chilled liter bottle of carbonated water. When the initial fizzing settles down (but don’t wait too long) slowly add the MoM and tightly re-cap the bottle to minimize loss of CO2.
3. Shake and set aside for 10-15 minutes. The bottle will harden as the reaction proceeds—then as it nears completion, the sides of the plastic bottle will cave in. This is the reaction:
Mg(OH)2 + 2CO2 ? Mg(HCO3)2.
4. Shake the bottle again (several times over the course of the next 20 minutes is ideal) and refrigerate.
5. When the liquid clears, (typically within another 20-30 minutes) the magnesium hydroxide in the MoM should have reacted with the CO2 to become concentrated magnesium bicarbonate water with approximately 1500 mg of magnesium and approximately 7500 mg of bicarbonate. Sometimes, depending on the amount of CO2 that escapes during the addition of MoM, there may be a small amount of unreacted magnesium in the bottom of the container. This is typical. Don’t worry about it.
6. To make a gallon of dilute magnesium bicarbonate water for consumption, start with about a half gallon of structured water with a low mineral content (see above). Transfer 1/3 liter of the magnesium bicarbonate concentrate (333 ml) into the container and fill the gallon container to the top with more structured water. (also see alternate step 6 below )
7. Mature overnight and store in the refrigerator. The final solution contains about 120 mg/l of magnesium and 600 mg/l of bicarbonates. Depending on the source of water used for dilution, the pH will end up being between 8.0 and 8.5.
8. Start with one glass (8 oz.) /day on an empty stomach and work up to 2 liters of magnesium bicarbonate water/day—if you want to take therapeutic levels. Drinking too much of this water too fast will cause loose bowel movements.
The concentration of the acid will partly determine how fast the reaction takes place, if we put some of the magnesium ribbon into the HCL at 2molar then it might have simply dissolved within a few seconds and then I would not have had time to record down a...
Changes in diet (with more processed foods) as well as in water quality (where many individuals drink de-mineralized water) have significantly affected the average daily intake of magnesium. Unlike many other nutrients that are better supplied in food, water can be an excellent source of magnesium. Approximately 50% of the magnesium contained in mineral water is absorbed. This is greater than the amount absorbed from food. The ‘magnesium-in-water’ effect was identified years ago as beneficial for those on a low magnesium diet. As far as the authors are aware, no studies have been conducted to determine the absorption of magnesium from bicarbonate water. They suspect it is much higher than 50%.
One reason for this: "In the electron transport scheme during oxidative metabolism, electrons are transferred along a set of electron acceptors, ending up, ultimately with the combination of hydrogen and oxygen to form water.
Consume supplementary oxygen from other sources such as oxygenated/ozonated drinking water, fresh foods and , magnesium oxide, magnesium dioxide, magnesium peroxide, magnesium hydroxide ("milk of magnesia"). "We also know that when H2O2 is taken into the body (orally or intravenously) the oxygen content of the blood and body tissues increases dramatically." - Dr.
How much/when to take
Dr. Beckett has recommended two levels of consumption—a therapeutic and a maintenance level. The therapeutic dose is 2 liters/day on an empty stomach at least 45 minutes before a meal. The maintenance dose is ½ liter/day. Most people should build up to the therapeutic dose – taking 2 or more weeks to get to the 2 liters/day level. Start with 500 ml (1/2 liter)/ day. Break this into 2 does and take one first thing in the morning (or even when you get up at night to go to the bathroom if your morning is rushed) – then later in the day before a meal or before bed – always on an empty stomach. If you take the magnesium bicarbonate water with food, the bicarbonates will be neutralized (and of little therapeutic value) by the stomach acid that is produced when food is ingested. Depending on age and health, take the therapeutic dose for six months to a year, then reduce to the maintenance level. You may also want to take the therapeutic dose for 2-3 weeks out of each year thereafter.
Practice EWOT therapy. Exercise With Oxygen Therapy (EWOT) is doing light exercise, such as on a treadmill or stationary bicycle, while breathing pure oxygen.
Making magnesium bicarbonate water
Magnesium bicarbonate is a salt that exists only in water. (You cannot buy magnesium bicarbonate like you can buy sodium bicarbonate). It only exists in aqueous form as a result of carbon dioxide in the water and accompanying ionic magnesium. Beckett and others have devised ways of making magnesium bicarbonate water by reacting magnesium with carbonated water. There are several products on the market, including Unique Water available in Australia, MagBicarb Water (a concentrate), and a natural spring water from Adobe Springs, California branded under the name Noah’s Water. But you can make your own with carbonated water and magnesium hydroxide (milk of magnesia).
Also, with the help of a physician, you might try UBI (ultraviolet blood irradiation) therapy, which can produce a 50% increase in venous oxygenation within 10 minutes.
Blatantly ignored in modern medicine, magnesium deficiency is rampant, responsible (at least in part) for the increased incidence of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, asthma, arthritis, high blood pressure, chronic fatigue syndrome, attention deficit and many other conditions too numerous to list. Magnesium has been referred to as the “master mineral” because of its involvement in over 300 enzyme systems including protein synthesis, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, and blood pressure regulation. Magnesium is required for energy production and for the synthesis of DNA. It also plays a role in the active transport of calcium and potassium across cell membranes, a process that is important to nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction, and normal heart rhythm. Supplying magnesium with bicarbonates is an incredible way to deliver a double benefit for your health.