This document must include procedures for conflict resolution, including issues related to intellectual or industrial property that may arise throughout the programme.
Subject to authorisation by the Academic Commission, a doctoral thesis may be co-directed by other doctors, on the basis of academic reasons (for example, the multidisciplinary nature of the thesis topic, or the participation of the candidate in national or international programmes).
Once the student has officially registered in the programme, universities open a personal activity portfolio, in which all the relevant activities carried out by the candidate will be registered.
A review of these websites and others can be found in:
Gottwald, S. (2002). Websites for Second Language Research. Second Language Research, 18, 1: 83-94.
These programmes pay attention to academic training related to the degree in which the student is enrolled, and to other competence areas, such as training for employment.
For detailed information on the types of mobility programmes available for university students see the article on Mobility in Higher Education.
• Universities have student information and guidance services available, the aim of which is to provide information and orientation regarding learning itineraries and future professional opportunities, training in cross-curricular competences and design of professional projects, in order to facilitate student employability and insertion in the labour market.
• Universities also offer student guidance and monitoring until they graduate.
• To have developed the necessary level of autonomy in order to participate in research projects and in scientific or technical joint ventures within their area of specialisation, working in multidisciplinary contexts which may also require a high component of knowledge transfer.
• To be able to convey information to all types of audiences, in a clear, unequivocal way, regarding the results of scientific and technological research or of activities developed in pioneering areas, as well as about the most relevant theoretical foundations underpinning these results.
• To be able to predict and control the possible outcomes of complex situations, by means of developing new and original work methodologies, adapted to the specific scientific, research, technological or professional field, usually multidisciplinary, where the activity is being developed.
• To be able to evaluate and select appropriate scientific theories, as well as adequate methodological tools, within an area of studies, so as to build hypotheses on the basis of incomplete or limited information, including, whenever necessary and pertinent, a reflection on the social and ethical responsibilities which the proposed solutions may entail.
In distance Higher Vocational Training, students are required to take in-class examinations in approved centres in order to receive a final mark for each of the vocational modules.
Master’s degrees can be professionally, academically or research oriented:
There are professionally oriented Master’s degrees which entitle the holder to perform a professional activity that is regulated in Spain, and which are an essential requirement in order to be able to pursue the relevant profession, but there are also professionally oriented Master’s degrees, providing students with advanced, specialised or multidisciplinary training, which do not entitle the holder to perform a professional activity that is regulated in Spain.
As far as the educational institutions organising online courses are concerned, Education Authorities are responsible for implementing the necessary measures in order for these centres to have the required facilities, equipment, resources, teachers and materials to guarantee training quality.
• Complete the vocational modules associated to the different competence units of the National Catalogue of Profesional Qualifications, as part of the training which can be accumulated towards obtaining a diploma of Higher Technician.
• Engage in the additional training, required by applicants to the diploma of Higher Technician who have received accreditation of professional competences acquired through work experience.