A study of supervisory practices to improve field performance of agricultural extension in Kenya, Malawi, and the Philippines revealed the following effective supervisory practices (Honadle, 1982): (1) use of collaborative, realistic, and result-oriented target setting and a daily activity plan; (2) a needs-based participatory evaluation system; (3) involvement of farmers in decision making and a reachable service target under local constraints; and (4) effective communication and use of simple proforma and report procedures.
I also worked on a short-term project in nanoscience dealing with "Radial growth of silver nanowires on colloidal template of silica" at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune, India under the supervision of Dr.
A noncognitive test is a measure of behavioural dimensions which are important for field-level extension personnel, including concern for and commitment to rural people, empathy, problem-solving orientation, high motivation to influence and educate farmers, ability to work under unsupervised and difficult village conditions, patience and persistence, and team spirit.
The purpose of the thesis is to give evidence of a student’s abilities in collecting and evaluating information, critically analyzing theories in the chosen area of inquiry, and constructing, testing and defending a coherent argument. The thesis should also demonstrate a student’s ability to present research results concisely and in a scholarly form. The master’s thesis should demonstrate that the candidate is capable of original and independent work. A literature review is an essential part of the thesis for it frequently establishes the basis for a thesis’s claim to originality. In particular, elements of the thesis that are considered to constitute original scholarship and an advancement of knowledge must be clearly indicated.
Some of the management techniques used by extension organizations in overall planning and management of programmes are the programme evaluation and review technique (PERT/critical path method (CPM) (Wiest & Levy, 1982), management by objectives (MBO) (McConkey, 1983), programme and performance budgeting system (PPBS), and time management techniques.
Section 11. - The Human Resource Development Service shall provide the Department with a program and corresponding projects that shall make available training, education and development opportunities needed to upgrade the levels of competence and productivity of Department managers and personnel. It shall absorb the powers and functions of the Administrative Service in relation to the development and administration of personnel programs including selection and placement, development, performance evaluation, employee relations and welfare.
(3) Develop curricular designs and prepare instructional materials, prepare and evaluate programs to upgrade the quality of teaching and non-teaching staff, and formulate guidelines to improve the physical plant and equipment of post-secondary, vocational/technical schools.
DEPARTMENT SERVICESSection 9. - The Planning Service shall provide the Department with efficient, effective and economical services relating to planning, programming, project development and evaluation, and the development and implementation of a management information system.
(2) Conduct studies, formulate, develop and evaluate post-secondary vocational technical staff, and formulate guidelines to improve the physical plant and equipment of post-secondary vocational-technical schools; and
(2) Evaluate and analyze all information, events, and incidents in terms of the risks they pose or implications upon or threats to the overall security and stability of the nation, for the purpose of recommending to the President appropriate action thereon;
(2) Make policy recommendations regarding the planning and management of the integrated system of higher education and the continuing evaluation thereof;
(3) The Vice-President for Academic Affairs shall be responsible for the development, implementation, supervision and evaluation of academic programs; the Vice-President for Administrative Affairs, for the overall administrative support to all the activities of the College; and the Vice-President for Research and Special Studies, on the conduct of research work and special studies.
Section 2. - The Department shall be primarily responsible for the formulation, planning, implementation and coordination of the policies, plans, programs and projects in the areas of formal and non-formal education at all levels, supervise all educational institutions, both public and private, and provide for the establishment and maintenance of a complete, adequate and integrated system of education relevant to the goals of national development.
(2) The Office of Policy Research shall coordinate and help formulate general trade and industry policies for the Department; evaluate the effectiveness of trade and industry programs as such, as their implementation by the Department's Line Operating Units; and research on trade and industry issues for policy analysis and formulation;